The U-20 World Cup national team, the first button was put well, but… ‘Second half stamina’ left as homework

author
2 minutes, 23 seconds Read

He caught big fish with sharp counterattacks and set pieces. Now, there is only one thing Kim Eun-joong needs, a strong ‘game stamina’ that can withstand the full 90 minutes.

The Korean national under-20 (U-20) soccer team, led by coach Kim Eun-joong, won 2-1 in the first match of Group F of the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup group stage against France on the 23rd. Korea, which defeated France, who had the strongest power in Group F, turned on the green light for the round of 16.

South Korea, which was relatively inferior in power, put a lot of weight on defense that day, but put strong forward pressure from time to time, embarrassing France.

In that situation, I put a dagger with a sharp counterattack. Lee Seung-won (Gangwon) took the lead in the 22nd minute of the first half. In the 19th minute of the second half, Lee Yeong-joon (Kimcheon)’s additional goal from a set piece also started with a free kick scored by Lee Ji-han (Freiburg), who sharply dug into the left flank in a counterattack situation.

According to data provided by FIFA, the contest between the two teams accounted for 13% of the possession on the day. And of the remaining 87%, France took 57% and Korea took 30%.

In shooting count, it was pushed even further to 9-23. However, the number of effective shots that is really important is 6 in France and 5 in Korea. It means that Korea played soccer in a practical way.

It was a pleasant victory, but Korea also had areas to improve. From the middle of the second half, the movement of the players in Korea has noticeably slowed down.

The problem of match stamina, which coach Kim had been concerned about even before the tournament, was revealed. Among the players belonging to the national team this time, the only player who regularly plays for the team is left-sided striker Bae Jun-ho (Daejeon). Except for Bae Joon-ho, among the rest of the players, those who belong to the professional team are not the main players in the team. There are many players who have not even debuted in the K-League. Performance and stamina can be maintained only when you continuously run in real matches, but it is difficult to maintain consistent performance throughout the 90 minutes without doing so. To make matters worse, it is unclear whether Bae Jun-ho will be able to digest full-time due to a minor muscle injury.

The national team,메이저사이트 which is challenging to recreate the glory of runner-up four years ago, put the first button well, but as we look after the group stage in the first place, we need to improve our game stamina more than now. Although they have overcome the biggest mountain, this is why they cannot easily consider the remaining two group stage matches.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *